1. Painted glass is poisonous
Although colorful glasses can give people a pleasing feeling, they add a lot of fun to our lives. However, the colorful glass flowers contain harmful and even highly toxic elements, such as heavy metals such as lead, chromium, cadmium, nickel, copper, and manganese, and non-metals such as arsenic, fluorine, chlorine, and sulfur. In the process of industrial production, these elements will be released and gasified, polluting the atmosphere and water sources, and even causing harm to humans. Among them, the cadmium element contained in this pigmented glass will also stimulate the respiratory tract. Long-term exposure can cause anosmia, gingival macular or gradually yellow circle. Cadmium compounds are not easily absorbed by the intestines, but can pass through Breathing is absorbed by the body, and it accumulates in the liver or kidneys to cause harm, and the damage to the kidneys is obvious. It can also cause osteoporosis and softening.
2. Crystal glass is poisonous
The lead-containing crystal glass contains lead, if it is used to hold boiling water or acidic beverages, the lead in the glass will dissolve in the water when it encounters boiling water. Harmful toxic substances. There are two main types of crystal glasses currently on the market: lead-free crystal glass and lead-containing crystal glass. The former generally contains potassium, mostly high-end handicrafts and marked on the outer packaging; the latter contains lead, that is, crystal glassware commonly found in some supermarkets and street stalls, and its lead oxide content can reach 24%. In daily life when cups made of lead-containing artificial crystals are used to hold acidic beverages such as alcohol, cola, honey and fruit juice containing fruit acid or other acidic foods. Lead ions may form soluble lead salts and be ingested by the human body along with beverages or food, seriously endangering health.
3. According to Professor Zhu Qishang, Director of the Department of Poisoning, West China Fourth Hospital, Sichuan University, lead mostly passes through the blood-brain barrier in the form of free state or inorganic compounds, causing damage to the central nervous system with rich blood vessels – the hippocampus and cerebral cortex. When the blood lead concentration reaches 30 micrograms / liter, neurotoxic reactions such as malaise, dizziness, headache, anemia, memory loss, muscle and joint pain, constipation, and irregular menstruation in women will occur. Symptoms such as arteriosclerosis, peptic ulcers and retinal bleeding have also been linked to lead pollution. When the blood lead level is high, the patient has a metallic taste in the mouth, and the water in the patient’s blood vessels penetrates into the brain interstitium, which will cause cerebral edema, and pathological changes such as cerebral hemorrhage and demyelination. When lead and its compounds are ingested for a long time, excess lead can also be deposited in the bones, burying the hidden danger of fractures. For this reason, consumers are advised to avoid using glass cups coated with paint on the inner wall and inexpensive leaded crystal cups when choosing glass cups to drink water.